Spicy Mexican Calypso® Mango Salad
- 3 Calypso® Mangoes
- 200g Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes
- 425g black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Extra virgin olive oil, coriander leaves & corn chips, to serve
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes,
- 3 large corn cobs, husks removed
- For chilli corn, combine oil, garlic and chilli. Brush evenly over corn cobs.
- Preheat a barbecue grill plate over medium-high heat. Add corn. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until charred. Remove to a plate. Cool for 5 minutes then cut corn kernels from cobs.
- Combine corn, beans, tomatoes and capsicum in a large serving bowl.
- Cut the cheeks from the mangoes. Using a large spoon remove the mango fruit from the cheeks and cut into 2cm cubes. Combine in a bowl with coriander and chilli. Spoon over corn mixture. Spoon over the lime juice, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Season and top with coriander. Serve with corn chips.
Tip- This recipe is best served as a side.