SUMMERTIME CALYPSO® MANGO AND PASSIONFRUIT PAVLOVAS
- 4 Calypso® Mangoes, [[TOPPINGS]]
- 1 can vegan whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup passionfruit pulp
- 1/4 cup raspberry compote or purée, optional
- 1 can chickpeas, refrigerated and cold
- 1 cup organic caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Draw a 22cm circle on a sheet of non-stick baking paper and place, marked side down on a large greased baking tray.
- Drain chickpea water through a fine sieve into a large mixing bowl. Using electric beaters on a low setting, whisk until foamy. Add apple cider vinegar and whisk on medium until soft peaks form.
- Add 1/3 a cup of caster sugar and continue to whisk until mixture becomes glossy. Gradually add the remainder of the sugar, tbsp at a time, whisking until meringue is thick and glossy.
- Gently fold in vanilla extract and sift cornflour.
- Drop large spoonfuls of meringue on the tray using the circle as a guide. Reduce the oven to 110°C. Bake for 1.5 - 2 hours. Turn the oven off, leave the pavlova to cool completely in the oven with the door closed.
- Just before serving, slide the pavlova wreath on a serving plate. Remove the flesh from 2 Calypso® mangoes and purée. Set aside. Slice the remaining Calypso® mangoes into thin strips. Swirl the cream on the meringue. Dollop the Calypso® mango puree, passionfruit pulp and optional compote swirling them together. Finish with Calypso® mango slices and serve.
Recipe created by @panaceas_pantry for Perfection Fresh