CALYPSO® MANGO & BERRY FRUIT SALAD WITH ROSÉ SYRUP
3 hours chilling
- 4 Calypso® Mangoes, chilled
- 1 Perfection Raspberries, 250g
- 1 Perfection Blueberries, 250g
- 250g strawberries, hulled, halved
- 175g mulberries, blackberries or boysenberries
- 1 pomegranate, halved, arils removed (see tip)
- Vanilla ice cream and little meringues or shortbread, to serve
- 500ml Rosé
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 sprigs fresh mint
- To make the syrup, combine the Rosé and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 20 minutes until the syrup reduces an thickens slightly. Pour into a heatproof jug and add the sprigs of mint. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Cut the cheeks from the mango. Using a large spoon, carefully scoop the flesh out in 1 piece. Slice the mango crossways and arrange over a large serving platter. Scatter over the berries and pomegranate arils.
- Pour the chilled syrup over fruit. Serve with ice cream and meringues or shortbread.
Tip: to remove the arils from pomegranate; Roll the pomegranate on the bench to loosen the seeds. Score around the middle and tear open into halves. Hold each pomegranate half over a bowl, seeds facing down and tap the skin with a wooden spoon, squeezing a little to release the seeds and juice. Remove any white pith.
Tip: For an alcohol free syrup replace the Rosé with cranberry, pomegranate or apple juice.