- 200g Fioretto® Cauli Blossom, roughly chopped
- 300g rigatoni or farfalle pasta
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1/3 cup thickened cream, optional
- 60g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 streaky bacon rashers, chopped
- Extra finely grated parmesan & crispy basil leaves, to serve
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pasta straight into the pan with the Fioretto® and bacon. Remove from the heat, pour over the egg mixture and stir off the heat until the pasta is well coated. Return to low heat, adding a couple of tablespoons of the hot pasta cooking water until you have a silky sauce. Make sure the pan is not too hot otherwise the eggs will scramble.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon of oil and bacon to a large non-stick frying pan, then place over medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes until light golden. Add Fioretto® and cook for 3 minutes until tender. Season with pepper.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water. Beat the eggs and cream, (if using) in a bowl until well combined. Stir in the Parmesan.
- Spoon into bowls, top with basil and extra parmesan. Season, then drizzle with remaining olive oil.