QUKES® BABY CUCUMBER SALAD WITH GREEK-STYLE RISSOLES
- 200g Qukes® baby cucumbers, chopped
- 200g Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 baby cos heart, sliced
- 100g soft feta, broken
- 1/4 cup greek dressing
- crusty bread to serve
- 20 Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 700g beef mince
- 3/4 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cups dried panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- To make rissoles, combine mince, cheese, onions, egg, breadcrumbs and oregano in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Using a 1/4-cup mixture per rissoles, shape into rounds, 6cm in diameter. Press 2 Solanatoo® tomato halves cut-side up into the top of each rissole.
- Heat a well-greased non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook rissoles in 2 batches, for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray, tomato side up. Transfer to the oven and cook a further 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Combine Qukes®, Solanato® tomatoes, cos and feta. Spoon over dressing, toss gently to combine.
- Serve the rissoles with salad and crusty bread if desired.
Tip- Rissoles are delicious served with barbecue sauce or tzatziki.