MEXICAN BROCCOLINI® CHICKEN QUESADILLAS
- 1 Broccolini®
- 4 Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 2 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs Mexican spice blend or taco seasoning
- 600g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced crossways
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup chilli mayonnaise (see tip)
- 1 1/2 cups tasty cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, grated
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 avocado , diced
- 2 tbs coriander, chopped
- Preheat oven to 220°C fan forced. Arrange Broccolini® in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of Mexican spice. Turn to coat. Roast for 8 minutes until almost tender. Combine the remaining oil and remaining Mexican spice in a bowl. Add chicken and onions, stir to coat.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken and onions in two batches for 3-4 minutes until chicken is just cooked though.
- Place 4 tortilla on a board. Spread a little mayonnaise over each tortilla. Arrange chicken and onions on one half of each tortilla. Top with Broccolini®, tasty and mozzarella cheese. Fold over to enclose filling. Reduce oven to 180°C fan forced.
- Preheat a sandwich press. Spray both sides of the quesadillas lightly with oil. Toast 2 quesadillas at a time for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove to a tray and keep warm in the oven while cooking remaining quesadillas.
- Meanwhile, combine the Qukes®, avocado and coriander. Serve quesadilla topped with Qukes® salsa and remaining chilli mayo.
Tip: Chilli mayonnaise is available from supermarkets, or you can make your own by combining 2/3 cup mayonnaise with 1-2 tbs chilli sauce.