TOMATO, BOCCONCINI WITH BARBECUE LAMB
- 1/2 Baby Endive Lettuce
- 400g Mix-a-mato® tomatoes, halved
- 250g Romatherapy® Baby Roma Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Pomegranates, (see tip)
- 12 lamb cutlets, trimmed
- 2 tbs spicy barbecue seasoning
- 1 lemon, halved
- for cooking olive oil
- 150g bocconcini, torn in half
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Preheat barbecue plate or grill on medium high. Pound the lamb with meat mallet to flatten slightly. Rub the spice blend over both sides of the lamb. Squeeze over the lemon and drizzle over a little olive oil. Barbecue lamb 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest 10 minutes.
- Scatter the endive over base of a large serving board or platter. Top with tomatoes and bocconcini.
- To remove seeds from pomegranate, roll the pomegranate on bench to loosen the seeds. Score around the middle and tear it into two halves. Hold each half over a bowl, seeds facing down and tap the skin with a wooden spoon, squeezing a little to release the seeds and juice. Scatter the pomegranate seeds over the salad.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and sugar to the pomegranate juice. Season and whisk until well combined. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad, scatter over the basil leaves and serve with lamb.
Tip- Buy pomegranates by weight, the heavier the fruit the more juice in the arils