VEGETABLE FILO PIE
- 150g (2 cups) Broccolini®, chopped
- 150g (5) Romatherapy® Baby Roma Tomatoes, halved
- 500g (2 medium) capsicum, chopped
- 220g (3 small) Lebanese eggplant, sliced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 285 (1) leek, halved lengthways, washed, thinly sliced
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- olive oil spray
- 100g feta cheese
- 200ml thickened cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbs grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup small basil leaves, to serve
Endive, Fennel & Orange Salad
- 2 Qukes® baby cucumbers, halved lengthways
- 1 bunch Baby Endive Lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 450g (2 medium) Fennel, trimmed, very thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled, segmented
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 100g (1/2 cup) small black olives, pitted
- 3 tbs Italian style dressing,
- Preheat oven to 220°C fan forced. Combine the tomatoes, capsicum and eggplant in a roasting pan. Mix oil and garlic together and pour over the vegetables. Toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven, add leek and Broccolini®, toss to coat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Place a flat oven tray into the hot oven for 10 minutes. Layer filo sheets on a work surface. Spray top sheet with oil, top with another sheet, spray with oil and repeat until you have the 6 sheets stacked. Use the pastry to line base and sides of a 10-cup capacity, 5cm deep x 16cm x 23cm base pan.
- Spoon cooled vegetables over the base of the filo. Crumble over the feta. Mix the cream, eggs and parmesan together. Season then pour over the vegetables. Place into the oven on the hot tray and bake for 35 minutes or until the centre is cooked and pastry golden. Scatter over the basil leaves and serve with salad.
- For the endive salad, toss the orange segments, fennel, endive, onion, cucumbers and olives together. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine.