Winter Vegetable Soup
- 1 Broccoli, chopped
- 250 grams Minicaps® baby capsicums
- 500 grams Truss Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 stalks Celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Green cabbage, shredded
- 1 leek, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 bulb small garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.25 ltr good quality chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste,, puréed
- 50 grams Freshly grated parmesan or cheddar cheese,, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the celery, leek, garlic and Vinesweet Minicaps® baby capsicums and fry gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, tomato paste and chopped truss tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Simmer, covered for about 10 minutes until vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in the broccoli and green cabbage and cook for a further 5 minutes until all the vegetables are cooked.
- Serve sprinkled with grated cheese, if liked.